10/15/2015

41. weekly tiles and a Book review

First of all here is my response for Diva's Weekly Challenge #239: "Munchin Play"
and at the same time this monotangle tile is my entry to InkTober day 15.








I got a new book:








Alice, Simona, and Ina met through Facebook. It soon crystallized that all 3 have a lot in common: the love for drawing, blogging, chatting, and CATS! Combining their talents produced Volume 1 of Tangle It! Journal.

I was sent a copy for an honest review.
The book is well organized, and it's creative and fun to look at. The size is very good or a purse or bag. There are 150 pages filled to the brim with ideas and possibilities. Included are strings, 20 beautiful never-before seen tangles, examples and is filled with great ideas and tips. There's a lot of partially started or prestrung tiles so you can practice tangles. You can create your own tiles or zendalas for example.
This book is inspirational with easy to follow patterns ideas . Perfect for tanglers of all levels . Step-by-step demonstrations help you get started and provide guidance on how to use those tangles. My granddaughter looked through the book and asked if she could give it a try.  :)  Fun for all ages, adds fun and creativity . In my opinion this book would make a good present for anyone. I recommend this book.  You won't be disappointed.

https://simalinadotcom.wordpress.com


And now my other weekly tiles:

For Adele Bruno's last weekly IAST challenge and at the same time is InkTober day 08:







My other InkTober tiles:


Day 07:





Day 09:






Day 10:







Day 11:







Day 12:








Day 13:
( Before and after shading )







Day 14:














25 comments:

  1. Wow, Lily! Thank you for your review! :*
    I ADORE your tangling style! It is so vibrant and it pops out of the tiles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love them all !
    So very creative and inspiring !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lily, I am teaching AP senior art students and will be pointing them to your blog and FB page to see beautiful work. Thank you for sharing your considerable gifts with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is always so beautiful and each one makes me gasp out loud! Nice review for the book. I have mine in my wish list to get soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous collection of art! I especially love day 11~the small touches of that vivid blue and those grey tones are absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again your tiles are so beautiful. I love them all, you are so absolutely busy!! My favourite in this post is "Day11" the tangles and the colours are so pretty.
    The Munchin challenge is lovely as well . I wonder how you managed to have black and white underground...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your artwork is incredibly beautiful. All tiles are beautiful and special and creative! The one you did for day 10 is my personal favorite - breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a great fan of all your work, Lily! You never disappoint me. I particularly like your "Munchin", and the way we can't tell if your tile was black or white! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Lily! You create such beautiful tiles, week after week! I really like what you did with Munchin, the black and white parts are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You totally amaze me! I think my favorite bit is the Copada with th Narwal. The color and dimension are so incredibly rich! Your Munchin and the Zendala with the black sections tangled with white ink are also just so wonderful. How did you get so much done in a week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Antonine :) I tangling every day and these are just small pieces :)

      Delete
  11. Each tile is more spectacular than the last - beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, Lily!! I have to agree with Jean, evrytime I look at your work I just gasp!! WOW!!! It is always so beautiful and inspiring! Thank you for sharing your talents with us! Do you mind me asking,..... Are you an experienced artist? It just really looks like you know a lot about art!! Just fabulous! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette :) No, I'm an experienced artist but an enthusiastic artist without any artistic training. I just tangling every day. This gives me pleasure and my skills are developing too - I hope it. :)

      Delete
    2. :0) Keep up the enthusiastic arts,........ It's definitely working! Again, everything just beautiful!! (((hugs))) Annette

      Delete
  13. I sometimes wonder where you find the time to create so many pieces each week. They are gorgeous again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Again fantastic work! Your artwork is gorgeous and always very inspiring!
    Especially I like the Day 10 tile!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic inspiring work! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. As always, beautiful and awesome tiles. Your eye for beautiful design always shows in your work. I just can't say enough about the exquisite work you do, and I am finding it hard to ever choose favorites amongst your tiles. Although I have to say I love the color in the Day 10 and Day 11 tiles. Wonderful inspiration to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic work. I really like your challenge piece. Looks like you used black gesso. Like how it created the contrast. Your Inktober tiles really stand out. I do not know how you have time to do a tile each day. I feel lucky to get one done a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donald. I use white gellyroll pen on black part. And for black parts I use Sakura Pigma Micron brush pen.

      Delete
  18. Lily, your Munchin is beautiful!! And I especially love #9. 10 and 11!! Your before and after shading is good to see! And fun about the book. :) :)

    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/10/my-diva-munchin-play-challenge

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always brighten my day :) Thanks for taking time to comment! It will be added after it is checked for spam and approved. Thank you for your understanding. Have a wonderful day! :)

oncontextmenu="return false;">